Monday, March 01, 2010

Something new

Gee, Mark...has it been long enough since your last update? Get with it.

Alright, for those who don't know, I've been doing Crossfit at Crossfit Leander since late October 2009. The Crossfit workouts and some very significant dietary changes have made a major difference in my health and fitness. I'm stronger and fitter now than I have been in at least the last 25 years. I've come from a (ugh) size 42 pair of pants down to 38's, and I'm not too far now from being in 36's. I have no idea what I weigh (I don't weigh myself), but my body composition has undoubtedly gone from waaaay too much fat and not much muscle to just way too much fat and much more muscle. In just four months, I am physically - and to some degree mentally/spiritually - a different person.

Anyhow...`nuff of that. I said all of that to introduce this.

Our gym is having a 30-day Paleo diet challenge. I'm not quite sure how it's supposed to work, but the basics will include very simple logging of our meals, so that starts today. I'm pretty good about Paleo, but I don't weigh and measure, so my logs won't be informative at all in terms of quantity. Suffice to say that I'm eating plenty though.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Good Luck!!!