Monday, April 12, 2010

Knee update

The knee is coming along alright so far. The main problematic area is the back of the knee, which is sore and very tight; probably swollen. There's also some gimpiness at the front-right of the knee, but it's pretty minor.

I've been icing it in the evening, taking ibuprofen at night before bed, and today (for better or worse) I started taking Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM. Dunno if the Gluc/Chon/MSM will have any effect, but (1) I'm getting older, and (2) this is the same knee that had the torn MCL (and I think even some torn cartilage) a few years ago. Couldn't hurt.

I went in to the gym today and rowed 2 kilometers twice, rolling out on the foam roller after each time. The knee didn't complain much, but it wouldn't really let me fully straighten the leg either. I also did some brief stretching of the hamstrings and lower back.

I think this will just be a minor setback. Hopefully it won't turn out after a few days to be worse than I thought. Just need to give it some good active rest and take care of it.

- Mark

No comments: