Thursday, April 08, 2010

A day of firsts

Despite taking a rest day yesterday, I still went in to the gym to watch the WOD and get in a little bit of active rest. After getting in a leisurely 2K row, I wandered over to the pullup bars just to see if I was anywhere close to being able to pull off a kipping pullup yet.

Surprise surprise...I successfully pulled off my first kipping pullup on my first attempt!! Just as other folks told me would happen, it just kinda "clicked" for me.

After that, Chad Vasquez (one of the gym owners) encouraged me to take a shot at a dead-hang pullup. I failed on that but then successfully managed a dead-hang chinup on my first try. This was a first for me as well, not counting all the chinups that I did as a kid.

Finally, for the first time in at least two decades, I am in size 36 jeans. When I started Crossfit in late October 2009, I was starting to come out of size 42 jeans. Five and a half months later, I'm in size 36's.

Crossfit -- and good diet -- works.

- Mark

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so proud of you!!!! Keep up the great work!!!
-Jen

Mark E. Wallace said...

Right back at you, Zilla.

The changes that you've made and the work that you've put in are very inspirational for me.

Thanks for being a great workout partner and friend.