Sunday, December 16, 2007

Congratulations, Jennifer!

My new friend and MSOLE buddy, Jennifer Conway, was kind enough to invite me to her MSOLE graduation party, held Saturday night (12/15) at her parents' lovely home in Lago Vista.

What a great time we had in celebrating Jennifer's two-year MSOLE journey. What I initially thought (and clearly will never think again) would be a stodgy party full of close friends and family members, where I would be the lone outsider (having just known Jen for a few weeks now), turned out instead to be quite fun. Jennifer, one sister, and one niece performed a brilliant Irish dance for us to the tune of the Cotton Eyed Joe, and then eventually just about everybody got involved in a karaoke contest (sorta). Even yours truly here "sang" a couple of times; the first time doing "Born To Be Wild" with Jen's father, and the second time with William (a friend of Jennifer's) singing "Bohemian Rhapsody." Thankfully, I was carried by my partners, and so we scored quite well (a 90 and a 93) on the attempts.

A few other notes from a wonderful evening:
  • What a beautiful home the Conways have. Thank you for having me, Roger & Maura!
  • ...and, for that matter, they seem to be a beautiful family. It's hard to explain, but they all seem to be very well-centered, caring, and interested in others. I say "hard to explain" because I hardly know any of them so far, but somehow they just project a very positive vibe.
  • LOVED the Irish dancing. LOVED dancing with Jennifer too, even though I was horrible at it.
  • Thank you to Maura for sharing her poem of Ireland with me. I am humbled that she would take the time to share such a personal work with a complete stranger while the party was swirling around her.
  • Remember to never mix wine, beer, and Goldschlager in the future.

No comments: