Tuesday, December 19, 2006

New guitar, again

The pics that I posted a day or two ago show our girls with a new Squire Stratocaster Affinity that I bought from http://www.dannyraysmusic.com last week. Well, so much now for THAT guitar.

On Sunday, the output jack on the guitar broke (or so I thought), and so I took it in to Dan today to have it fixed. In typical Mark fashion, while Dan was fixing the Affinity, a different (and considerably more expensive) guitar caught my eye. Convinced in my mind that whatever fix Dan was going to have to do would be thereafter suspect in terms of reliability, and being absolutely in love with the other guitar up on the rack, I totally broke down and had Dan trade in the Affinity for the other. As it turns out, the jack was fine. The outer nut had just fallen off of it, and I hadn't noticed.

In the end, I walked out with this baby. She's a made-in-Mexico 60th Anniversary Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster. I haven't named her yet. I guess that's next. Perhaps I should even learn how to play.....

Anyhow...two pics here.






No comments: